If you have served federal active duty in the United States Armed Forces during any of the war eras listed below, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving — you are eligible for membership in The American Legion!
- August 2, 1990 to present (Operation Desert Shield/Storm)
- December 20, 1989 to January 31, 1990 (Operation Just Cause – Panama)
- August 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984 (Lebanon/Grenada)
- February 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975 (Vietnam)
- June 25, 1950 to January 31, 1955 (Korea)
- December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (World War II)
- U.S. Merchant Marine eligible only from Dec 7, 1941 to Dec 31, 1946
*Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
Please bring your application, your DD214, I.D. and membership fee of just $45 to:
American Legion Seminole Post 111
Tampa, Florida 33604
(on Florida Ave just north of Sligh Ave)
Phone: (813) 236-2281